Here is Mass for the Third Sunday of Advent from Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Bilton, Rugby.
Entrance Antiphon: Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice. Indeed the Lord is near.
First Reading: A reading from the prophet Zephaniah. The Lord will dance with shouts of joy for you as on a day of festival.
Response: Psalm Isaiah 12; 2-6. Sing and shout for joy for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.
Second Reading: A reading from the letter of St Paul to the Philippians. The Lord is very near.
Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia, alleluia! The spirit of the Lord has been given to me. He has sent me to bring good news to the poor. Alleluia!
Gospel: A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke. What must we do?
PARISHES’ MASS TIMES AND INTENTIONS, LS = Live Stream
Saturday 11th 5pm at SH People of the Parishes LS
Sunday 12th 9.30am at SH Archbishop Bernard (40th Ordination Anniversary)
Sunday 12th 11 am at EM Eunice Boden, Janis Prizavaitis RIP LS
Monday 13th , Tuesday 14th No Mass on these days this week.
Wednesday 15th 7pm at SH Joyce Tyson RIP LS
Thursday 16th 11am at EM Rosaleen Curley Intentions
Friday 17th 7pm at SH June Minott RIP LS
Saturday 18th 5pm at SH Michael O’Donnell RIP (T Dark) LS
Sunday 19th 9.30am at SH People of the Parishes
Sunday 19th 11 am at EM Holy Souls LS
Confessions: Saturday 4pm-4.30pm at SH, Sunday after Mass at EM.Or after weekday Masses. Or arrange time with Fr Gerry.
CHRISTMAS MASSES 2021
Christmas Eve 24th December: English Martyrs 5pm, Sacred Heart 8pm
Christmas Day 25th December: Sacred Heart 9.30am, English Martyrs 11am
Sunday 26th December: Holy Family Feast: Sacred Heart 9.30am, English Martyrs 11 am.
Midnight Mass from St Chad’s will be televised live on BBC.
SYNODALITY – WALKING TOGETHER. Thank you to all who attended the two recent preparation meetings. We will be continuing this process in the new year when we will be looking at various aspects of our experience of the Church and the challenges of today. More details to follow.
LATEST GUIDELINES FROM THE BISHOPS CONFERENCE RE COVID GUIDANCE
With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
• That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
• That hand sanitiser is available to those attending the Church.
• That you must wear a face covering (both nose and mouth) during the act of worship.
• That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, it would be important to remind people to wrap up well in church!
• That a positive message encouraging people to get vaccinated and have the booster jab when able is delivered whenever possible.
• That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.
‘If anyone has two tunics they must share with the one who has none and the one with something to eat must do the same’ Luke 3;11
Gracious God, we thank you for your gifts. Teach us to trust you more than possessions or wealth. Give us generous hearts. Inspire us to share what we have and work for justice, so that people may flourish and live in dignity. Amen. (Cafod Advent Calendar).
ENGLISH MARTYRS CHURCH CRIB. We are delighted that we have been able to purchase some fine new crib figures for use in Church. Through some generous donations we have already collected about half of the cost. There remains about £400 to find. There will be a Second Collection for this today at EM and we hope you will give generously. This will help us avoid increasing the parish debt which remains substantial at £86,000.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS –DON’T KNOW WHAT TO GET. Why not try CAFOD WORLD GIFTS. Catalogue available or search on line.