Here is Mass for the Fourth Sunday of Advent from Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Bilton, Rugby.
Entrance Antiphon: Drop down dew from above, you heavens, and let the clouds rain down the Just One; let the earth be opened and bring forth a Saviour.
First Reading: A reading from the prophet Micah. Out of you will be born the one who is to rule over Israel.
Response: Psalm Isaiah 79. God of hosts, bring us back; let your face shine on us and we shall be saved. Second Reading: A reading from the letter of St Paul to the Hebrews. Here I am! I am coming to obey your will.
Gospel Acclamation: Alleluia, alleluia! I am the handmaid of the Lord: let what you have said be done to me Alleluia!
Gospel: A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord?
PARISHES’ MASS TIMES AND INTENTIONS, LS = Live Stream
Saturday 18th 5pm SH Michael O’Donnell RIP (T.Dark) LS
Sunday 19th 9.30am SH Expectant Mothers and Fathers
Sunday 19th 11 am EM People of the Parishes LS
Monday 20th 10am SH Beatrice Tindon RIP LS
Tuesday 21st 10am SH Griffin and Osman Family Deceased
Wednesday 22nd 7pm SH Ted and Trudie White RIP LS
Thursday 23rd 11am EM Sick and Housbound
Friday 24th Christmas Eve 5pm EM People of the Parish , 8pm SH John Burke RIP
Saturday 25th Christmas Day 9.30am SH Clare Harford , 11am EM Special Intention LS
Sunday 26th Holy Family 9.30am SH, People of the Parishes , 11am at EM All Families LS
CHRISTMAS MASSES 2021
Christmas Eve 24th December: English Martyrs 5pm, Sacred Heart 8pm
Christmas Day 25th December: Sacred Heart 9.30am, English Martyrs 11am
Sunday 26th December: Holy Family Feast: Sacred Heart 9.30 am, English Martyrs 11 am.
Midnight Mass from St Chad’s will be televised live on BBC One at 11.45pm. Christmas Masses- Traditional Collection for the Parish Clergy.
Confessions for Christmas: Sunday after Mass at EM .Or before or after weekday Masses. Or arrange time with Fr Gerry.
LATEST GUIDELINES FROM THE BISHOPS CONFERENCE RE COVID GUIDANCE
With respect to the current situation with the omicron variant it is important to ensure the following points are followed in our churches:
• That people displaying any symptoms of covid-19 should stay at home and not travel to church or participate in person.
• That hand sanitiser is available to those attending the Church.
• That you must wear a face covering (both nose and mouth) during the act of worship. Please keep mask on for singing.
• That there is good ventilation and air throughput in the building; in this case, because of climatic conditions, it would be important to remind people to wrap up well in church!
• That a positive message encouraging people to get vaccinated and have the booster jab when able is delivered whenever possible.
• That people who are engaged in a form of pastoral ministry which involves ministry to the housebound, sick and vulnerable, should take regular lateral flow tests to ensure they are safe to do so. These are free from the NHS.
‘Blessed is she who believed the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled’ Luke 1:45
Faithful God, you always keep your promises. Strengthen our trust, as we long for your kingdom of justice and peace. Make us people of hope, sharing with the world the love and joy we have found in you. Amen. (Cafod Advent Calendar).
ENGLISH MARTYRS CHURCH CRIB. We have been able to purchase some fine new crib figures for use in Church. There will be a Second Collection for this today at EM and we hope you will give generously. We are happy to receive cheques made out to English Martyrs Parish. Thanks.
CHRISTMAS GIFTS – DON’T KNOW WHAT TO GET. Why not try CAFOD WORLD GIFTS. Catalogue available or search on line.